Dr Peter Blyde
(PhD, DBA with Distinction, BBS – Massey Scholar)
+64 21 680 639
Peter has been consulting since 1992 and has consulted to a wide range of both public and private organisations within Australasia.
Peter was the Senior Executive Programme Director at the New Zealand Leadership Institute from 2005–2010 (at The University of Auckland Business School) and was primarily responsible for the Hillary Leadership Programme. He worked intensively with over 100 senior executives on this 18 month, cross-sectoral, leadership programme. He maintains a consulting association with the University of Auckland Business School.
Prior to this, Peter was a consultant with the Hay Group in Sydney specialising in leadership development, executive coaching, emotional intelligence and strategy clarification. While at Hay he was the Australasian representative for the Hay Group Global R&D Network, which kept him up to date with global best practice in these areas.
Peter has worked extensively on creating shared visions with executive teams and has worked closely with over a 1000 leaders on clarifying their personal/professional visions for the future. He co-designed New Zealand’s first two-year leadership development programme for executives which was identified as being best practice in research conducted by the Centre for Organisational Excellence.
Peter’s PhD explored Executive Perceptions of Leadership in New Zealand and Australia.
Peter’s Facilitation Style
Clients describe Peter’s facilitation style as:
- Supportive (they get a genuine sense that he cares about their development and that his insight and delivery support their development);
- Informed (they feel assured that Peter knows his material thoroughly and he is not presenting the latest fad);
- Provocative (Peter is prepared to stimulate reactions through interaction – especially when the dynamics in the room illustrate the development).
- Practical – Peter can make ideas apply to their own situations and he is committed to ensuring the development and frameworks make a difference in the context that people find themselves in.
- Stimulating – Peter is energetic and enthusiastic about the development areas and their ability to make a difference.
Below are some direct quotes from participants about Peter’s facilitation style.
- “Drilled down and dragged out the real answer.”
- “Could make the theory accessible.”
- “Perceptive. Pushed the group. Called us out. Found the rub.”
- “Intellectually challenging and practical and very challenging (called our behaviour often).”
- “Brought an energy to each session he came too.”
- “Peter has helped take the group to next the step.”
(B.A. Economics, MBA)
+64 21 234 5665
Michele is the Managing Director of CATALYST4 where she is responsible for strategy, brand development, programme design, research, administration and financial management. Michele has a degree in economics and an MBA where her research focus was exploring how visions are used in organisations to bring about change. Prior to CATALYST4 Michele worked in legal and business administration and assisted in running workshops designed to help individuals create and achieve their visions. She has also worked voluntarily in a number of organisations in both New Zealand and Australia.